Reflections of God, the Church, Culture, and Theology

Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Down Goes Boston!

Major League Baseball has begun and it could not have been a better beginning (well, I guess somethings could have been better). My KC Royals got off to a great start by beating the Boston Red Sox 7-1 last night. Gil Meche, KC's starting pitcher, had a great, 1 ER, 6 SO, and I BB. While our lead off hitter, DeJesus, went hitless, our 2-3-4 hitters, Grudzielanek, Teahen, and Sweeney made up for DeJesus with 7 combined hits and 4 RBI's. Hopefully, the young Teahen will spark some needed offense and Sweeney will remain healthy. Surprisingly, we got great relief from Peralta - giving up no runs and only 2 hits in 1.2 IP.

On top of that news, both the White Sox and Detroit lost, while Cleveland and Minnesota both won, making it a three way tie for first place in the AL Central at 1-0. I don't know how long it will last, but it was a great start for KC against a powerful Boston team. History tells me that I will probably not be as blissful at the All-Star break, but for now I can ignore history and be a naive optimist.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

$11M a year for Meche. Worth every penny!
Funny fact: how many outings in his career (before Monday) had Meche made of 6+ innings and 2 or fewer runs? 0. No joke.
jb